Factors to Consider in Evaluating Outsourced Data Management
Data is an important part of the fundamental wealth of an organization. Capturing the right data is the primary rule in launching any business. Many organizations don’t have the ability to do this, they just tend to drown in a sea of inaccurate data which makes it useless.
In the evolution of multiple data entry points nowadays, many companies are facing data quality issues. They must determine the most appropriate solution for managing data integrity before engaging in any project. Though there are a variety of formats in seeking help for better data quality, outsourced software-based provides the best option.
However, companies must be particular in evaluating outsourced data management options. They need to fully understand the benefits they can get from the features offered. Now to make sure the features offered are beneficial enough, here are the factors to consider in evaluating outsourced data management.
- Having a comprehensive data quality solution. The requirement for data quality crosses departmental boundaries and the solution for this must be able to deliver long-term integrity of all data as it gets stored within the company. The data quality choices must address both structured and unstructured data to ensure that no key information is left on the table.
- Evaluate complete system costs. Evaluate the full costs required to maintain long-term data quality. Most often than not, commercial data management options require purchases, support, contract and licenses, so it’s essential to budget appropriately.
- Understand the type of solution and its limitations. Most companies have complex data integrity issues that are products from mergers and acquisitions that often results in data loss and corruption. A data management solution must be customizable and able to resolve integrity issues without creating new problems.
- Evaluate the vendor’s service and support contracts. Data management companies typically offer one service option only. You have to understand the service-level agreements that fits into your business model and investigate further regarding long-term support costs to ensure that the service infrastructure meets the organizational growth needs.
- Understand the organizational impacts of implementing the data quality infrastructure. A good quality data solution solves current data issues and prevents future data issues as well. It implements an infrastructure that addresses erroneous, unusable and redundant data before it becomes a stored data. Understand and evaluate the commitment required by the organization with the vendor to maintain the solution long-term.
The data quality solution, if not fully understood, involves a significant risk. However, when implemented and evaluated properly and effectively, organizations can fully utilize their asset, data and can drive organizational growth and profitability.
To find out more about how June Spring Contact Solutions can help you with your data entry needs, call us at (US) 408 600 2621 or (AU) 08 6102 5588. You may also check our website here. There is never any obligation until you have found the perfect solution for your business.